Saturday 9 August 2008

It's been a while.......

It has been a long time since I did an entry continuing the story of my life in the 1960s, but you can blame aol for that!

A while ago, the 'add entry' button suddenly disappeared and I was unable to continue with my Freda's diaries blog, so I started a new one chronicling my life since I retired from my job.  It was quite a while before I discovered that the 'add entry' button had just as mysteriously returned!

I have been really busy since I retired, but managing to add an entry now and again to the 'now I'm retired' blog.  If you read that journal, I hope you will understand why it has been so long since I did an entry in this one!

But in the meantime, I have been hearing from people who have obviously been googling for certain information and found themselves in my journal.  I heard from Cardrew Robinson's first wife, who remembered the parties at their house, which I had been reminiscing about.

A relative of the Mudlarks emailed me looking for info and photographs.

I was especially surprised to get a comment on one of my entries from Eric, who had been the subject of that particular entry.  He said that I appeared to know him better than he knew himself lol!  I would loved to have caught up with his life, but the contact email he left doesn't appear to work and he doesn't seem to have visited my blog since and discovered that I am unable to contact him - what a shame :-(

A young lady who is researching The Lilybank Hotel in Matlock where I used to work, also contacted me, and we have been exchanging information and photos, which has been very interesting.

My later diaries were written on loose leaf 'memo' books, so that I could add pages and write as much as I liked.  I obviously did not realise that one could buy large desk diaries - but then they would have been more difficult to hide..........;-)

And horror of horrors - the diary fell to the floor, loose pages scattering everywhere =:-O  I still haven't managed to sort out the pages and put them in order - a frustrating job because of the inept way I wrote it all up.  :-/  I am still trying to sort it all out and as soon as I do I will continue with my story.

Pleas add me to your alerts and I will be back soon :-)

 

ttfn

Freda

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Freda I am so pleased your 'add button 'has been restored ,I hope the people who have been trying to get in touch with you are now able ,I look forward to you sorting out a few more pages from your Diary ,and having a read ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Glad you found your add entry button again Freda!  Isn't it wonderful the people you can get in touch with or who get in touch with you because of the internet???  I have been able to get in touch with a lot of old friends this way!
Marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

How lovely that people have been in touch with you, that is really nice. Well, I know you will get those diaries sorted out and we look forward to the next chapter.

Just a thought, maybe you could put a little extra in about the people just saying what they did.  I mean we know Cardew Robinson but American readers will not.

Anonymous said...

I do hope you get more readers.  I was happy to choose you for a pick.  It remains to be seen whether people will come. xxxx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being selected as one of this week's Editor's Picks.

Hugs, Rose

Anonymous said...

Hi congratulations on being one of the guest editors picks it is a great honour Jeannette also picked me so I thought I would pop in for a visit. It is nice to catch up with old friends have been doing the same recently.  Love Joan.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jaymact1/JoansMusings/en

Anonymous said...

I just read your sidebar, how fascinating!  I wish I still had my diaries/journals from when I was a child until I was 22.  They were actually taken from me when I had them in storage.  It is a long story.  I was upset about it, not only b/c a piece of my history is gone, but I am always wondering about who is reading about my life, LOL - I put a lot of feelings in there, not just events.  It doesn't matter though, maybe in 100 years somebody will find it an interesting read, LOL.  Anyway, what you are doing, I commend you for.  

Oh, and congrats again on being guest ed's pick.

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I wanted to congratulate you for being guest editors pic
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

just wanted to say congrats for being a guest editor's pick this week; so interesting that your journal is helping you reconnect with people from your past

take care of yourself

betty

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being Guest Editors Pick.
If you dont mind i would like to read you entries as i around in the 1960s....... lol.
hugs Jayne