Wednesday 5 April 2006

Gene Pitney

First thing I do when I come in from work is to switch on my radio, I was pleased today, to find that they were playing one of Gene's records and then they talked about him at some length - "Oh a programme on Gene - how nice" I thought, until the News Reader ended by saying "Gene Pitney, who died today aged 65"!!!!!

I simply could not believe it, Gene was always to fit and loved to tour and meet his fans - he had only just celebrated his 65th Birthday on 17th February, and he's just a few weeks older than me.

It's hard to believe that he won't be touring GB again, he came regularly, and I always hoped he would come to a theatre locally. I haven't seen him for a while, but I have fond memories of the fun we had during the 1960s.  His live shows were extraordinary.

What a sad loss - Gene was unique.

A very sad Freda :-(


title=

Gene Pitney was found dead at a hotel

title=

-- Obituary: The Rockville Rocket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw it on AOL news this morning ,and immediatley thought of you ,in fact I looked at your earlier entrys ,and found the pics you had posted ,and read about the times you been with him ,Iam so sorry dear ,you must have some lovely memories ,so we are all pretty much the same age it certainly makes you aware of your own mortality,Thinking of you, love Jan xxx

Anonymous said...

He will be sorely missed. love Joan
http://journals.aol.co.uk/aniracj/StrannyDayze

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you Freda {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}
Sylvia xx

Anonymous said...

Hi - I remembered reading in your blog about your connection with Gene Pitney when I was at AOL, and thought of you as soon as I heard the news. He was much too young, it is very sad.
Please read my blog at www.josayoung.co.uk

Anonymous said...

Dear Freda sorry for the news of your friend Gene Pitney,he will be sadly missed........Jeanx